Well talk about being late! Better late than never, HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! So this is my first official post and it's March already; where is the time going? I still think it's 2007 not 2017.  I'm sooooo happy to be blogging again and I can't tell you the excitement I'm feeling for 2017. 

I've taken a (very) long break and the reason why I took one was because I just didn't enjoy blogging anymore and to be honest I just didn't care about social media (I still don't). The best way to say it is basically life happened, it was just one thing after another and my priorities had change. If I'm honest with you, I bit off more than I could chew; I'm a workaholic who's constantly busy and I make sure my weeks are packed with things to do. That's one of my biggest flaws as a person, I don't make time for myself as I'm always doing something. I promised myself this year that I would take it easy and take a back seat so lets see how that goes! 

I really missed doing this and I mean it because I made this blog when I was at my lowest. It helped me become the person I am. My blog represents me as a person, this is who I am, who I will continue to be and I hope that when people come on here, they leave with some form of knowledge. 

In my personal opinion, I feel like blogging has now become a competition on who can get the most followers, likes and branding support. I can tell you now in my own words: This blog is not going to partake in that obsession, if people want to read it they are more than welcome too. If people want to follow, they can. You want to like that picture I uploaded? Like it. You want to support me? Support me but based on my honesty. 

This is genuinely a place where I like to share my personal opinions and what I love, not what someone else wants me to love and pays
to write paragraphs of crap. You see what we want you to see. You don't see the mess on my floor. You don't see the mess of makeup everywhere while doing a look. You don't see how much shots of the same picture we take for the right lighting and angle. 

Don't let us deceive you (Literally mean that). You won't know any less because we put so much effort into something to make it perfect, which is fine. But seriously there's so much to life and if I'm honest I'm glad I took this break. I feel better, stronger and more determined than ever. I am looking forward to 2017 as I know amazing things are going to happen, I've got all the people I need with me and I can't wait to get cracking with blogging! 

So here's a very late "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" and really hope this year goes amazing for everyone. Thank you for the continued love and support, you guys don't know how much it means to me <3 

Lots of Love 

Akey xoxo 


Post a Comment

Contact

© AKEY KHATUN
Design by The Basic Page