As many of you know, recently (July) I got my hair done by Nicky Lazou and I really wanted to try out something new and use products that made my colour look amazing and fresh. For me hair care is pivotal because the last thing I want it dry/ broken hair.. No one likes a hay stack bush on their head. It's not chic. Period.

I heard a lot about OUAI, a haircare range made by Jen Atkins. She is known to have worked with the Kardashians, Chrissy Teigen (I LOVE HER!) and many more celebrities; can I just say that I get serious hair envy every time I see her snaps (also on the OUAI site) on "How to".... LIKE CAN I JUST HAVE FLAWLESS EVERYDAY? AM I ASKING FOR MUCH!  Okay nervous breakdown over, but check out her website theouai.com (British babes, you can purchase from Selfridges, Cultbeauty, and SpaceNK)

As I've never tried her products before so I thought I would stick to the basics. So I'm going to breakdown the products with what I thought and all the info you need to know. 

OUAI Repair Shampoo (£20)

Before I brought any of the products, I really wanted to try the Repair range as I have coloured hair and I need to prevent it from becoming dry and brittle. I literally used this shampoo once and my hair felt so soft to touch as well and the smell was divine! OMG guys I'm in love with the smell of the OUAI range! The smell is very floral so if you aren't a fan of the smell then maybe that's something to consider but I love it. When I used the shampoo I felt that it lathered more the second time so basically double wash your hair as it will feel more thorough, but I also double wash so that was also not an issue. The texture of the shampoo is quite gummy? is that a word? To me it felt quite gummy and thick so it wasn't runny at all. Overall I still loved it and I could definitely see a change in my hair as it looked more healthy and not dry at all.

OUAI Repair Conditioner (£22)

You guys, I just can't even. I LOVE THIS CONDITIONER! I could go on and on but you won't know until you try it! The smell is just incredible and the conditioner makes your hair feel so silky.... ugh it's amazing. Even after you wash your hair you can still smell the floral fragrance on your hair and trust me when I say that someone will stop you at one point and ask what you are you using on your hair! The texture of the conditioner is creamy and I use a lot of conditioner just so that my hair is soft and not dry. But I love this conditioner and I can't wait to try the others!

OUAI Treatment Masque (£25)

I do love a good old mask and I always leave it in for the night, however on the packaging Jen recommended that you can use it while you are at the gym and I go to the gym frequently so that was really cool idea. I really liked the mask but I have one nit to pick.... I need more than 9ml of mask on my hair. It definitely makes your hair soft but I felt like there wasn't enough to put on my hair therefore I used 2 sachets instead of 1. It's perfect for travelling or if you are staying over somewhere as that product is in sachets. The texture of the masque is like the conditioner but thicker yet creamy and I loved the idea of having it in while I was at the gym!

Overall I loved OUAI, I think Jen has done an amazing job and she should be proud of it because it truly is different from the smell to the textures. I'm really excited to try the rest of her range and I can't wait to get hold of other parts of the range. Just one more thing I would like to say is you need to use the conditioner after the shampoo because it will just make your hair softer and not dry as you might feel like the shampoo isn't enough. Another thing is that none of the OUAI products contain sulphates, parabens, phthalates and is not tested on animal....RESULT!

I definitely feel like Jen should make bigger sizes of the shampoo and conditioner... The bigger the better and I have a lot of hair to wash! Also that the treatment masque should be a bigger size or in a tub so that the individual person can be in control of how much masque they may need. Plus you guys need to follow them on Snap as they have new cute travel kits and products (Errrrm hello you  aren't going to forget your British ladies are you?! SEND THEM OVER!) 

Every girl should try OUAI as I loved it and I'm positive that you will too! Did I mention how amazing the product smells? No? Well now you do! I really hope you guys enjoyed this post and if you have any questions just email me away babes! 


Lots of love 
Akey x 

Post a Comment

Contact

© AKEY KHATUN
Design by The Basic Page