21.... WOW. That's all I can say, wow. On the eve of my 22nd birthday (22 post is coming real soon), I'm writing this blog post. I don't know how to even feel... Scared a little bit, nervous because I know that my time is ticking and I have to make life changing decisions, optimistic because I know good things are coming my way soon and finally emotional because I know that I had to lose a lot to understand life and its odd ways.

I feel like I've been tested the most at 21. Everything was tested of me and I was having issues in all departments, lets just say it was never ending. I definitely felt like people took advantage of me this year and that they hurt me intentionally knowing what type of person I am. So I can definitely say I've learnt the most at 21.

1.) DON'T BE SCARED TO LET GO. 

When I say let go, I mean let go. It could be a family member who doesn't appreciate you, friends who only call you when they are in need but are nowhere to be seen when you are literally grabbing for dear life. A job that doesn't make you happy and doesn't allow you to progress. A man who you think is your end all be all.... Honey there are 6 billion people in the world, you will find someone.

2.) IT'S OKAY TO DISAPPEAR. 

When I mean disappear, I mean DISAPPEAR... Or should I use the term "Ghosting" because that's what my friends say. You don't owe no one shit. Unless it's your parents then you owe them. But if you need time alone and you want to be left alone then take your time.

3.) YOU CAN'T BE THERE FOR EVERYONE EMOTIONALLY.

I love my friends and family, honestly I really love them. But sometimes I'm sick of hearing the same stories over and over again. That's a bit contradicting because you will be reading this thinking "Well hold on, I listen to your story over and over again"... YES you do. But do I repeat the same mistake twice? I take peoples sadness as my own and that's my biggest mistake.

4.) NOT EVERYONE IS AS INNOCENT AS YOU THINK. 

Well... Lets just say that I've been fooled one too many times. I like many other people in the world have been caught in a web of deceitful bullshit. Men have been gifted with a mouth that can make you believe practically anything and everything.... You don't want to end up like Rich tea biscuit; dry and dead basically.

5.) TIME WILL SHOW WHO'S DOWN FOR YOU AND WHO'S NOT.

I've probably had the most difficult year by far and I genuinely think this was a test to show who's  truly there for me and who's not. I might be speaking to you and you know everything that's going on in my life but have you even asked me how it's going? But when it comes to their problems; I drop all my things to be there for them... Says a lot, so if you don't hear from me, that's probably why.

6.) GETTING HURT IS INEVITABLE. 

This one gets to me you know.... Like some people are genuinely spawns of the devil. Doesn't matter if it's love, family or friends, you will get hurt by the people you love the most. Saying and doing things which make me upset; you fully know it's going to bother me but yet you still go and do it? Yeah you definitely don't have a seat on my table anymore.

7.) SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO BITE THE BULLET. 

Sometimes you just got to put your pride aside and deal with it. Life will put you in such an awkward position at one point; where you will have to forget everything that you was not happy about. Safe to say I'm currently in a position where my vulnerability will be my pitfall due to me biting my bullet.

8.) YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT ALONE.

I repeat, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT ALONE. There's nothing worse then holding in all your emotions and letting it build up which will lead to overfilling. Sometimes speaking to people who you are close to might help or maybe even someone who doesn't know you well enough to even give you an opinion.

9.) KARMA WILL ALWAYS COME BACK TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE YOU WRONG.

You don't think that people who have done you dirty will get away with it, do you? No they won't. I always believe that because of a small action you did and hurt someone, you will lose something greater in return. You will lose more than you expect, so be nice, otherwise be ready to face the consequences.  The very people who have done you wrong will end up back on your door step asking for help and forgiveness. Trust me, I had my fair share of "Sorry" and "Forgive me" this year and it goes in and out one ear.

10.) EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY. TIME WILL FIX EVERYTHING.

Easier said than believing that line. When you have multiple things going on all at one time, it can be overwhelming. But it's up to you how you deal with the situation, you either deal with it or let it consume your mind. Take each day as it comes and have faith. Happiness won't come to you, you have to find it.

Lots of love 
Akey x

Post a Comment

Contact

© AKEY KHATUN
Design by The Basic Page